At Calderwood Christian School we want to educate our students as whole people who think, feel, connect and need to belong. We are intentional and deliberate in equipping our students with social and emotional abilities that will stand each child in good stead for the future.
In partnership with parents, we teach skills, model qualities and nurture our students’ development so that they will become resilient, connected and positive, setting them on a path to bring their good God glory.
- an understanding that they and others are created in God’s image and should be treated accordingly.
- such as joy, peace, gratitude, hope and love, shown towards others.
- becoming fully immersed in a situation, task, or project within their schooling community and beyond.
- having meaningful, positive interactions and friendships with others.
- belonging to and serving something bigger than themselves.
- aiming to master a skill or achieve a valuable goal.
Built into our curriculum is an allocated time for Pastoral Care, which takes place every day. Once every fortnight in Pastoral Care, students take part in Wellbeing Wednesday. During this time staff teach a wellbeing program which takes students through key factors that contribute to good physical, mental and spiritual health.
Above all, our hope and aim for all students is to know that they are created in God’s image to love and serve him and to know that true peace and happiness comes through relationship with his Son Jesus.
We’re a growing school for a new and growing community.
We run regular tours and open days for parents and students to have a taste of life at Calderwood. We’d love to welcome you to one of them soon!Book a Tour